IncentiveWorks is thrilled to be partnering with The Shoebox Project and we want you to get involved!
The Shoebox Project for Shelters, supported by Dream, collects and distributes gifts in the form of Shoeboxes to women who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness in communities across Canada and the US. Each thoughtfully created and decorated Shoebox is filled with items valued at $50 that can enhance self-esteem and reduce feelings of isolation for women in crisis.
For women who have been displaced from their homes and estranged from their families, the holidays can be a particularly challenging time. Often, women feel disconnected from society, forgotten and alone. Reducing the feelings of isolation and loneliness faced by women living in shelters is one of the most important outcomes of The Shoebox Project. A Shoebox gift is a powerful reminder for a woman that she has not been forgotten and that she remains a valued and respected member of her community.
Join us in supporting the Shoebox Project by bringing contents for a shoebox or a complete box to IncentiveWorks.
We will have a donation station in the lobby. You can also connect and donate directly with The Shoebox Project at their booth on the tradeshow floor. Get involved and let’s make a difference!
Get more information at www.shoeboxproject.com
Suggested Items to Include:
- Something warm: socks, mitts, scarf, hat, hand warmers
- Something sweet: nut-free chocolate and candy (not alcohol-filled)
- Cough drops, multivitamins
- Body or hand lotion, soaps, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Brush, comb, shampoo, conditioner
- Nail polish, mascara, eye shadow, lipstick, lip balm
- Purse-sized Kleenex, small cosmetic bag
- Gift cards (Tim Hortons, Shoppers, McDonalds, etc.)
- Please write the amount on the card or include the receipt
- Subway tokens and bus tickets
- Journals, colouring books, pens, coloured pencils
- Supportive message
Please do NOT Include:
- Used goods and hotel samples are not the type of items to make someone feel special and loved
- Sized clothing (i.e. S, M, L, XL) should not be included because beautiful women come in all different sizes
- Mouthwash or hand-sanitizers containing alcohol
- Bubble bath or bath bombs, as most shelters do not have bathtubs
- Foundations or concealers should not be included because each person has a unique skin tone
- Jumbo-sized containers
- Feminine hygiene products
- Anything opened or not packaged